Pageviews last month

Friday, April 27, 2012

April showers...

Well, another week has flown by. It's funny how the more you do, the more quickly time seems to pass. I did well with running, until the weather reared it's ugly head. Seeing snow today, I wasn't all that eager to get myself outside, and made it a lazy Friday, by opting to see the hunger games instead. My physical laziness also complimented my dietary indulgences nicely. Chocolate stout cake for breakfast, milkshake for lunch, fries at the movie. However, I had planned to make lasagna for dinner, with my roommate. And, we actually did make it, so that seems about on par for me. Don't get me started, all delicious, but aside from our lasagna, it's doing nothing for my self image, or energy level.
Last night I felt so fortunate to reconnect with an old friend, from the dorms at UVM. I run into her downtown occasionally, and it was so wonderfully refreshing to catch up over scintillating trays of tacos. I can't ever pronounce the name correctly, as I conveniently forget syllables, but I'm going with el conditas tacoria. While the food was exceptional, what's still on my mind, are the intricate designs, painted on the toilet bowls in the restrooms. Such a unique idea, to orient and detail the theme of a restaurant down to the toilets. I love going out for dinner, but have experienced some anxiety in that regard, in the past few years, as I can't leave a restaurant without wearing a part of meal (last night it was sour cream) and I often have a hard time contributing to conversation., as well as, not choking myself while eating.requires the vast majority of my attention while eating. So, I know that I had a fantastic time, eating delicious, wholesome foods in great company, but druggies with my concern of not being able to participate in active conversation, while eating. Alas, aside from nearly choking myself (only once!) and was beyond thrilled when we headed to The Farmhouse, which is my current favorite restaurant ( hands down) in Burlington. My evening out made me do appreciative of this town, Thad I stayed here, and the ridiculous numbers of connections we all have.
I forget that it's not 'normal'. Whatever that is...

2 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

Nice post Court...
as for the wearing of food, you come by that honestly. Your Aunt taught you well!! Plus, we all must "feed" our indulgences from time to time so don't be too hard on yourself.
It's always fun to run into old aquaintances. Glad you had a delicious time.
Love you..

Marti said...

Yes, I have to admit, you probably inherited your tendency for wearing food from me. Ha ha. I enjoyed reading your new post, Court. I always learn something from it!

Here's to a good taco! Or lasagna. Or Phish food. Or whatever.