Pageviews last month

Friday, April 13, 2012

Back to reality

After such an amazing trip, I must admit it's been difficult to return to my normal routine, even if there's nothing normal about it. Last week, I was absolutely floored to learn that I will graduate from the TBI waiver program. It's not like I don't appreciate the therapies I've received along this path, but it's been 5 years! And what I've wanted all along is emancipation from rehab. One of the most difficult aspects of rehab. For me, has been watching all of my college friends begin adult lives, and also learning how to relate to old friends you suddenly have very little in common with. This week my. Psychologist assigned me to reconnect with old friends I still have in the area. Sounds simple, right? I know that I was incredibly fortunate to have so much support in the early stages of my injury. Unfortunately for me, I didn't really have the cognitive ability to appreciate all of the incredible support I received then, and the Idea of trying. To pick up with friends from 5 years ago, is, well, Relatively daunting, and I wish it wasn't. Just have to bite the bullet, I suppose...

1 comment:

Julie/Mom said...

You can do it...you are the only thing standing in your way and you ALWAYS perservere...I am so,so proud of you and all that you have accomplished but reading this blog is definitely my favorite thing. You have come such a lonng way, especially cognitively. So happy you can appreciate what the therapies have helped you with. Such an incredible story and incredible kid....make that woman!
much love, Mom