Pageviews last month

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stellar Sunday. Superblaa

Where to start, at the beginning I suppose... For those of you that have pent a decent amount of time with me in the last few years, you're probably aware that my ability to or create plans has been relatively nonexistent. If I have something that motivates me to accomplish a task, I can do it, take the adaptive adventures I've had this year!they've each been brilliant learning experiences for me. I've gained the confidence, and social skills that are SO necessary in day to day life, and developed confidence in myself, and my abilities. These have been key instruments in my fundamental survival. I can, and will, sit here, and write how oppressive my lifestyle, and living environment, here in Vermont s. generally, I'm not willing to share my thought, and perspective regarding my over meant funded lifestyle, dimply because it is not a positive reflection of myself, or who I care to be. We all make decisions with old, and bad aspects. In the beginning, I knew I'd made the or react decision, because I was unable to up port myself, and my family wasn't really in a position to drop everything to assist me live my life, and receive the funds ands, services, and therapies I've needed to relearn life, how I see fit. The difficulty with rehabilitation, and doing it in a country that celebrates independence, and choice is that there can never be one definitive way to accomplish a task. Also that the social values are relatively, to very unlike anything I wold consider appropriate for myself. This is a side note, but there is NO guidance in this area, or if there is, it's from someone lacking ore values themselves. I'm surely not qualified to make allegations of his regard, though, it seems to me, this is a situation where were 'cutting our noses, to spite ourselves.' I grew up in public schools, went to a public university, and never once did I think, or believe I'd missed opportunities, I could've had, had I elected, and pushed for a privately funded, elite education. Never once, have I regretted those decisions. I honestly do believe I, and anyone else can achieve whatever goals we may set for ourselves, in a certain frame of reference, of course. When I graduated from college, I planned to gain experience, and perspective, while deciding upon my professional path, and which graduate studies to go into. One doesn't exactly sign up for the debilitating, life-style changing experience of a brain injury, or any disability, for that matter. But, your success, upon meeting hardship, truly depends on your outlook, and how you choose to perceive it. Yes, I can consider myself a victim of a pharmaceutical companies mistake, but I'll be damned should I ever portray myself in that light. My perspective has vastly changed, over the course of my experiences, in the shoes I walk in now. I remember the medical community, retry definitively having the opinion, that my situation was relatively hopeless, given then the extent of the damage my brain had sustained. If I could say anything abut who I am, as an individual, I will say, that I, lie many others, am goal oriented/driven. Over he 10 years I've lived here in Vermont, I've slyly watched the majority of my fundamental goals, and dreams be extinguished. I went to UVM to complete my prerequisites for veterinary school. Turns out, I loved the cal atmosphere, and partied, and payed outdoors, slightly more than I hit the books. That's an expensive lesson to learn about yourself, when you find yourself partway through your Junior ear, without the motivation, or draw to study physics, and microbiology. My mind will always seize, if ever I hear a conversation regarding the calculation of moles, an elemental compound may posses. To this day, that holds true. I decided to explore my favorite childhood passion, of horses. Within a month, I'd left school, packed my bags, and, and moved to Chipping Sodbury, England to live/work/play on a competitive equestrian farm. I earned early in life, that if you take financial responsibility for yourself, then, no one can influence you into, r oh of your choices. I will always stand by my decision to leave school, and take the time to figure myself, and my goals out. The reason I'm detailing these lessons, from my re-injury life, is because I need to look ack, to what I earned then, to find my way now. I feel like I had a massive oversight, n regard o how if cult it actually is to emancipate youse from the intellectual slavery, that binds one into these programs perpetually. I've been told countless times how mart I am, since sustaining this injury.

No comments: