Pageviews last month

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fare well Joel....

We have lost a very good friend this past weekend. One of Courtney's oldest friends (since grade school) passed away. We are shocked and devastated at the news. A more compassionate person you wouldn't find. Joel was a benevelant young man who would do anything for his friends and did. He was key in helping execute the two benefits for Courtney this past winter and early spring as well as hosting the two events. He helped raise quite a bit of money for the fund, along with all the other friends of Courtney who put in their hard work, time and effort.
Joel is off to sail other oceans we cannot see...He has other agendas to tend to, others to help. Thank you my dear Joel. Sweet dreams, we all miss you terribly.
Julie/Mom

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very very sorry to hear this.
Joel visited while Court and crew were in Beantown. I know his presence will be deeply missed.

We never know when our time here is up, but one has to think that this is a mistake...

With deepest sympathy,

Doug B.

Anonymous said...

I knew Joel. How?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear the news about Joel's passing. It is difficult to keep a bearing on life when so much happens to those that we care the most about.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm also so sorry to hear about Joel's passing. He sounded like an exceptional person. I wish I could have gotten to know him.

May peace be with you, Joel.

Aunt Marti

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that's terrible! When? How? Is there an obituary somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Hello? Hello? Where's Courtney? How's Courtney?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am a Maine mom who has connected to Courtney (my daughter went to college in VT too) and miss the updates. I hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering Joel as the wonderful person we all knew him to be! I think of you all often as I am in Maine at graduate school now, but my days in the MICU will forever be with me!